Mozzarella Pesto Bruschetta
- 1 1/4 cups (3 large) Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 ciabatta sandwich rolls, split
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin asiago cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 pound Wisconsin Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 32 slices
- Heat broiler.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, balsamic
vinegar, salt, pepper and basil; set aside.
- Place ciabatta on a baking sheet cut sides up. Brush with remaining 3 tablespoons
olive oil, sprinkle with 1/4 cup Asiago and broil 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread each roll half with 1 tablespoon pesto, and top with 4 slices of
- Divide tomato mixture evenly over cheese, and sprinkle with remaining Asiago;
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin - wisconsincheese.com/recipes