Pesto Chicken Bruschetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, coarsely chopped
- 8 (1/4-inch) diagonal slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
Add 4 slices bread. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, 5 to 7 minutes
or until toasted.
- Remove from pan. Add remaining oil and garlic; repeat with remaining bread
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Asiago on bread.
- In same skillet, combine pesto and pepper. Add chicken, coating with pesto.
Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is
- Place 3 slices of mozzarella on each bread slice; top with tomato slice.
- Slice chicken pieces in half horizontally. Place on tomato; sprinkle with
remaining Asiago cheese.
Yield: 4 servings