POM and Brie Bruschetta
- 1 cup arils from 1-2 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates
- 1 (6 ounce) French baguette
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 4 ounces ripened Brie cheese
- Score 1-2 fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the
pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink
to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and
put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve cup of the arils from fruit and set
aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut baguette into 12 -inch slices. Lay bread slices on a baking sheet and
place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes. (The bread does not need to brown, just have a
toast-like crust on the top surface.)
- Remove from the oven. Leave bread slices on the pan and rub garlic cloves
on the toasted surface.
- Peel the white rind from the brie and discard; slice brie thinly and place
slices on top of the toasted bread.
- Return pan to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, just until brie has melted.
- Place a teaspoon of arils on each slice and press down with the back of
- Serve this pomegranate recipe immediately while warm.
Yield: 12 pieces
Total prep time: 30 - 45 mins
Reprinted with permission from the California Pomegranate Council.