- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12-inch thin baguette, cut into 16 slices
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin provolone cheese, shredded
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Heat broiler.
- In medium bowl, combine onion, yellow pepper, tomato, and vinegar. Season
with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, line baking sheet with foil. Brush both sides of baguette slices
lightly with oil.
- Broil about 6-inches from heating element for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until
- Remove from oven. Spread each slice with teaspoon of pesto. Top each with
about a tablespoon of bruschetta mi.
- Divide cheese among slices and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Broil for 1 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted and just starting to brown
Servings: 16 pieces
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin - wisconsincheese.com/recipes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bruschetta Recipes