Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta
- 12 slices French bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices (about 12 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 4 to 5 cups) sliced stemmed California strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; arrange, butter side up,
on large baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each
slice of bread. Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
- Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top each with 1 slice cheese; return to oven.
- Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla extract and remaining
sugar mixture; toss lightly.
- Place two bruschetta on each serving plate.
- Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each; sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Tip: To toast almonds, spread in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350 degree
F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice for
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 513 calories; 35 g fat; 84 mg cholesterol;
482 mg sodium; 34 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 18 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): California Strawberry Commission
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bruschetta Recipes