Apple Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- 1 (1 1/2 inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Shape into a ball; make an indentation in top to resemble an apple.
- Chill ball 30 minutes.
- Coat ball heavily with paprika. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Insert cinnamon stick and bay leaf into indentation to resemble apple stem and leaf.
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: 10 to 12 appetizer servings