Bacon Cheese Log
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
slices (about 1/2 pound) bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly
- 1 jar (6 or 8 ounces) process Wisconsin Cheddar cheese spread
- 1/2 cup
finely chopped pecans
- Snipped parsley
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add bacon and green onions, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into a log about 8 inches long, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Coat log with cheese spread. Roll in pecans and garnish with snipped parsley.
- Chill and serve with lightly salted crackers.
Yield: 12 servings
Reprinted with permission from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.