Curried Catfish Cheese Ball
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocktail peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup peach and mango chutney
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place catfish on a sheet tray, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon curry
- Cook for 15 minutes or until it flakes easily.
- Place catifsh on a plate and chill.
- In a large bowl, ombine flaked catfish with next 8 ingredients and
remaining curry powder. Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, remove plastic wrap, roll ball in peanuts, and then
coat with the chutney.
- Serve with crackers.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: The Catfish Institute