Party Cheese Ball
A festive and colorful party cheese ball made with cream cheese, chopped Maraschino
cherries, crushed pineapple and toasted walnuts.
- 1/2 cup (about 14) maraschino cherries
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Crackers or cut-up vegetables
- Drain maraschino cherries on paper towels.
- Chop cherries and drain again.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or
until cream cheese is smooth.
- Stir in pineapple and cherries.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into two (4-inch) balls.
- Roll cheese balls in walnuts, pressing nuts into surface to adhere.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Serve as a spread with crackers or vegetables.
Yield: 2 (4-inch) cheese balls
Tip: You can prepare this appetizer in advance, then freeze it for later use.
Allow cheese balls to thaw in refrigerator before serving.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): National Cherry Growers Foundation