Party Cheese Ball
A festive and colorful party cheese ball made with cream cheese, chopped Maraschino
cherries, crushed pineapple and toasted walnuts.
- 1/2 cup (about 14) maraschino cherries
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Crackers or cut-up vegetables
- Drain maraschino cherries on paper towels.
- Chop cherries and drain again.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or
until cream cheese is smooth.
- Stir in pineapple and cherries.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into two (4-inch) balls.
- Roll cheese balls in walnuts, pressing nuts into surface to adhere.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Serve as a spread with crackers or vegetables.
Yield: 2 (4-inch) cheese balls
Tip: You can prepare this appetizer in advance, then freeze it for later use.
Allow cheese balls to thaw in refrigerator before serving.
Reprinted with permission from the National Cherry Growers Foundation.