Pomegranate Blue Cheese Ball
A Pomegranate Blue Cheese Ball is a lovely choice for a Thanksgiving or Christmas appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Wisconsin blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate (about 1 cup)
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add sage and walnuts. Cook for
3 to 4 minutes or until walnuts are toasted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese, blue cheese, salt and
pepper until combined. Fold in walnut/sage mixture. Place large sheet of plastic wrap on countertop; scoop
cheese mixture onto plastic sheet; wrap, forming ball and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove cheese from refrigerator and reshape into ball.
- Place pomegranate arils in shallow bowl; roll cheese ball in arils,
using your hands to gently push arils into cheese ball to adhere. Place on serving plate.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Yield: 1 cheese ball
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.