- 16 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 10 ounces salami
- 2 firm-ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mini mozzarella cheese balls
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives
- Olive oil spray or balsamic vinaigrette dressing mist
- Italian herbs, optional
- Cut the salami into cubes or wedges about 1-inch wide. There should be enough
for one cube per skewer.
- Cut each avocado half into 12 chunks.
- Thread each skewer with a piece of avocado, followed by one grape tomato, a mozzarella
cheese ball, another piece of avocado, one piece of salami, an olive, and a final
piece of avocado.
- Place skewers on a serving tray and mist lightly with the olive oil or balsamic
- Sprinkle with chopped Italian herbs if desired, and serve.
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Suggestions: Serve two kabobs crossed on a bed of greens for a pretty
Beverage Pairings: Enjoy with a glass of Pinot Grigio or Sherry wine.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about
8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Reprinted with permission from Hass Avocado Board.