This Antipasti Kabobs Appetizer recipe is an Italian-inspired starter that is
a great accompaniment to summertime gatherings and grilling events. It’s easy to
make and requires no cooking. Keep these ingredients on hand so you can put this
simple kabob dish together at a moment’s notice.
- 16 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 10 ounces salami
- 2 firm-ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mini mozzarella cheese balls
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives
- Olive oil spray or balsamic vinaigrette dressing mist
- Italian herbs, optional
- Cut the salami into cubes or wedges about 1-inch wide. There should be enough
for one cube per skewer.
- Cut each avocado half into 12 chunks.
- Thread each skewer with a piece of avocado, followed by one grape tomato, a mozzarella
cheese ball, another piece of avocado, one piece of salami, an olive, and a final
piece of avocado.
- Place skewers on a serving tray and mist lightly with the olive oil or balsamic
- Sprinkle with chopped Italian herbs if desired, and serve.
Yield: 16 servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 15 min
Serving Suggestions: Serve two kabobs crossed on a bed of greens for a pretty
Beverage Pairings: Enjoy with a glass of Pinot Grigio or Sherry wine.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about
8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Hass Avocado Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Appetizer Recipes