- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cups lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and
pepper; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: about 7 cups