Bleu Cheese Mold
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) package bleu cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 Washington red apples, sliced in wedges
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, sliced in wedges
- Lemon-water bath
- Confectioners' sugar
- Soften gelatine in wine. Set over hot water and heat until gelatine is completely
- Mix cheese with lemon juice.
- Gradually blend in mayonnaise, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in gelatine and blend well.
- Add parsley, paprika and onion.
- Cool until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat cream to soft peaks and fold into gelatine mixture. Turn into 1-quart mold.
- Unmold and serve with crisp apples that have been dipped in fresh lemon-water
- After the apples have been drained from the bath, sprinkle them with confectioners'
sugar and arrange around the cheese mold.
Yield: 20 servings
This can be made in a pineapple mold with apples placed around it in alternating
colors. May be prepared 1 day in advance.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Appetizer Recipes