- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash of garlic salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- Paprika (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients; beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chopped onion.
- On a serving platter, spread cream cheese mixture into a 6-inch circle, and pinch
up a small rim. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Combine water and salt in a large skillet; bring to a boil, and add fish. Cover,
reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain and flake fish with a fork; chill.
- To serve, spoon chili sauce over cream cheese mixture; top with fish. Sprinkle
with paprika, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: 14 to 16 appetizer servings