Cheese in a Jar
- 1 pound feta cheese, cubes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients except cheese until well blended.
- Place cheese cubes in clean, dry glass jar with tight fitting lid. Pour marinade
over cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate several hours or even several days. Flip
jar upside-down occasionally to make sure all cheese gets marinated.
- Serve with bread, toasted baguette slices, crackers, fruit or vegetables if desired.
- Shake well before serving.
Cheese may be replenished in remaining marinade or vinaigrette dressing may be
made by adding vinegar to jar.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 12/5/2001 8:41 am.
Source: Holiday Appetizers
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Appetizer Recipes