As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) Wisconsin aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the cheese and the butter; process well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until dough forms. Add water, if necessary.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- On a clean countertop or cutting board, use your fingers to gently roll 1 tablespoon
of dough into a rope. When it is 8 to 10 inches long, cut it in half and continue
rolling each rope until it is 6 to 8 inches long.
- Twist both ropes together, and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until set and starting to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack; serve with your choice of a dip.
Yield: 64 straws
By Chefs Greg and Mary Sonnier.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Appetizer Recipes