A cook at the school where I teach first made this and brought it in at Christmas
time many years ago. The cook is long gone, but her crab mold is still around and
everyone loves it! It's become a school tradition. ~ Kathy
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Knox gelatine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Mix first five ingredients together.
- Heat soup and cream cheese together until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir into crab mixture.
- Dissolve gelatine in water; stir into mixture. Pour into mold.
- Chill for at least 4 or 5 hours.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Appetizer Recipes