Cranberry-Sage Mini Crab Cakes
Serve these miniature crab cakes as a holiday appetizer or at brunch. Rubbed
sage and orange zest season the crab cake mixture and dried cranberries add festive
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 cup crumbled corn bread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix mayonnaise, cranberries, sage, orange peel, pepper and salt in small bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add celery and
onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Gently mix crabmeat and corn bread in large bowl.
- Add egg, cranberry and celery mixtures; toss to coat well.
- Shape into 24 small crab cakes. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add crab cakes several at a time; cook about 6 minutes or until golden brown,
- Keep warm while frying remaining crab cakes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter
Yield: 12 (2 crab cake) appetizer servings | Prep Time: 20 min
Refrigerate Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 12 min
per serving Calories: 185 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Cholesterol: 78 mg
Sodium: 351 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 10 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): McCormick
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.