Hattie's Goat Cheese Torta with
Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is a killer party item. My friends stand around and inhale this stuff. If
there's any leftover, it's great the next day. I usually make my own pesto but the
stuff you can buy in the refrigerator bin at the grocery store is okay, too.
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- Garlic, peeled, smushed and chopped (I usually put in lots and more, at least 8 cloves. It's up to you.)
- 1/2 cup pesto (at least)
- 1/2 cup chopped up fine oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, including 1 - 2 teaspoons of the marinade
- Decorate with fresh herbs, such as branches of thyme, oregano, rosemary, parsley,
and sliced baguettes.
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese, add the garlic. Check the taste. Add salt and
black pepper if you want.
- Line a small glass bowl (about 2 - 3 cups) with plastic wrap. Put about 1/3 of
the goat cheese mix into the bowl. Top this with the pesto. Put another 1/3 of the
goat cheese mix on top of this. Put the sun-dried tomatoes on this. Top with the
rest of the cheese. Put plastic wrap over the top of this. Refrigerate for at least
2 hours, and up to four days.
- To serve, invert bowl on a serving dish. Carefully remove the plastic wrap. Decorate
with herbaceous materials.
- Serve with baguettes. Keep out of the way of the devouring mob.
Supposed to serve up to 20 - 25 with other horse divers.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 5/17/02 9:26:01.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Appetizer Recipes