California Cobb Dip
Serve California Cobb Dip with optional dippers like tortilla chips, crackers,
or sliced and toasted baguette.
- 3 ripe avocados, peel and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (about 10 tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits or crumbled bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Place the avocados in a medium bowl and mash with fork or potato masher until
- Add the lemon juice and garlic salt to the avocado. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer the avocado to a 9 inch pie plate. Spread it into an even layer.
- Top the avocado with layers of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, bacon, and onion.
- Cover the pie plate with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until
ready to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo developed by The Wholesome Dish.
Reprinted with permission from cabotcreamery.coop.