Caramelized Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions (about 1 1/2 pounds), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream (low-fat okay)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (low-fat okay)
- 3 teaspoons dehydrated onion powder/granulates
- Very scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat sauté the chopped onions in
the olive oil along with a couple pinches of salt. Stir occasionally with a wooden
or metal spatula and cook until the onions are deeply golden, brown, and caramelized
- roughly 40 or 50 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, yogurt, onion powder and salt. The
important thing is to add whatever onion powder you are using to taste. Add a bit
at a time until it tastes good. Set aside until the caramelized onions have cooled
to room temperature.
- Stir in 2/3 of the caramelized onions, scoop into a serving bowl, and top with
the remaining onions.
- Serve at room temperature.
Yield: about 2 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Dip Recipes