This is a wonderful alternative to regular guacamole as it doesn't turn gray
the way guacamole does.
- 4 fresh tomatillos, chopped
- 3 medium green tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapenos, minced
- 3 Hass avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- Peel paper husks from tomatillos; rinse to remove sticky covering from outside.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the tomatillos and tomatoes with the garlic and
jalapenos for 15 minutes, or until their liquid has evaporated.
- While the tomatillo mixture simmers, place the avocados in a blender. Spoon the
thickened tomatillo mixture into the blender. Add the sour cream, cilantro, and
salt; blend for up to 5 minutes to create a smooth puree. Taste, and add more salt
- Serve the dip immediately with tostada chips, or refrigerate it for later use.
This can be kept overnight in the refrigerator.