Spicy Roasted Pepper Dip
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Salt, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Lay the pepper halves skin side up on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place about
3 inches under a preheated broiler and broil until the skin blisters and turns black.
Place the peppers in a plastic bag and close it. Allow to cool and peel off the
- Tear the bread into small pieces and soak in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Combine the peppers, bread, olives, capers, and garlic in an electric food processor
and process about 4 seconds, until the dip is well mixed but still chunky. Add the
remaining ingredients and process until fairly smooth.
- Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or toasted pita bread.
Yield: about 2 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Dip Recipes