Sweet Potato Dip
- 6 sweet potatoes (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped drained bottled roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup packed fresh coriander sprigs, washed well, spun dry and chopped fine
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped fine (wear rubber gloves)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, if necessary
- Baked tortilla chips or crudités such as jicama or fennel
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and on a foil-lined baking sheet bake in middle of
oven 1 1/2 hours, or until very soft. Cool potatoes slightly and scoop flesh into
- In a food processor puree potatoes with remaining ingredients, adding enough
water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve dip with chips or crudités.
Yield: about 4 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Dip Recipes