Taj Mahal Dip
Either fresh or frozen spinach can be used in this Indian-style dip, and neither
needs to be cooked beforehand. However, fresh spinach will give the dip a lighter,
brighter shade of pale green, and a fresher taste.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, according to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, according to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves*
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
* or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a small nonstick skillet, stir curry and cumin over medium-low heat just until
fragrant, 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer spices to a bowl.
- Combine spinach, sour cream, yogurt and garlic in a food processor and blend
until spinach is pureed and mixture is smooth. Add a third of the curry mixture
and blend in. Add more of the curry mixture, to taste. Process until well-blended.
Season to taste with salt, pepper and pepper sauce, if desired. Transfer to a container
with a cover. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before using.
- Bring dip to room temperature before serving.
- When ready to serve, transfer dip to an attractive bowl and place in center of
a large serving platter. Surround with assorted cut-up vegetables (carrots, different
colored bell peppers, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini
spears, sliced jicama) and, if desired, the thin Indian crackers called pappadams,
or other, preferably whole-grain, crackers.
Yield: about 2 cups
Per serving (2 tablespoons): calories: 26; protein: 1 gram; total fat: 1
gram; saturated fat: less than 1 gram; sodium: 24 mg; carbohydrate: 2 grams; dietary
fiber: less than 1 gram
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cold Savory Dip Recipes