Yogurt Cheese Dip and Spreads
- To make the yogurt cheese, drain yogurt in a coffee filter-lined colander set
over a bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- Combine cheese with one of the following combinations:
- Basil, jalapeno or
sun-dried tomato pesto (purchased from the supermarket) to taste. Use as a dip for
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts, 1 tablespoon chopped mint, 1 teaspoon
grated orange or lemon peel, 1/2 teaspoon honey, 1/4 garlic clove, mashed, and a
pinch of salt and pepper
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Serve at room temperature as a spread for toasted bread.
- Accompany with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and olives as toppings.