Spiked Watermelon Balls
These are delicious ice cold on a hot summer day. You could probably make these child-friendly by using rum extract.
Yield: 10 servings
- 1/4 small ripe watermelon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Bring the water to a boil. Stir in sugar and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the rum and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool somewhat before adding the lime juice and the grated lime peel.
- Cut melons into balls with a melon baller. Pour the syrup over the fruit, mix gently, cover and chill for several hours before serving.
Serving size 1 - Calories per serving: 80 Carbohydrates 14g Sugar 12g Protein 1g