Caramel Apple Pie Dip
A creamy dip punctuated with bits of crispy apple.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup prepared caramel sauce
- 4 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- In medium bowl of electric mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to
form, about 2-3 minutes..
- Add apple pie spice, vanilla extract, salt and caramel sauce; mix until combined,
scraping sides of bowl to ensure even mixing..
- Add cream cheese and mix until just incorporated..
- Add diced apple and mix until evenly combined..
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour..
- Serve with Graham crackers, gingersnaps or other cookies..
Tip: The apples will lend the dip some sweetness. If the dip is not sweet enough
for your liking, stir in a tablespoon of sugar before serving.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin