Lemon Cream Fruit Dip
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream, whipped
- In bowl, beat together eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- In saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Cook
and stir until thickened; remove from heat.
- Gradually beat in egg mixture. Over low heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla extract; cool.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
- Refrigerate leftovers.