Lobster-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 12 ounces lobster, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 12 large hard-cooked eggs, halved (21 ounces)*
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (Cholula® or Tabasco®)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 24 small tarragon sprigs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, as needed
* If using peeled, hard-cooked egg product.
- Chop lobster meat, saving 24 small pieces for garnish.
- Place yolks in mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, and garlic powder; mix until yolks are smooth.
- Fold in lobster, parsley, and chopped tarragon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture, if desired, up to 2 hours.
- Fill each egg white with a heaping spoonful of lobster mixture. Top each half with reserved pieces of lobster and sprig of tarragon; sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 24 egg halves
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board