These little savory gems are simple to put together in advance, can go directly from the freezer into the oven, and combine three of the most irresistible snack foods on earth: bread, cheese, and bacon.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup scallions, sliced, white and green
- 20 slices soft white bread
- 1 pound lean bacon
- Mix together the cheeses until smooth. Stir in the peppers and scallions until
evenly distributed; set aside.
- Trim the crusts from the slices of bread.
- Once the bread is trimmed, spread the slices with the filling, covering it completely.
- Roll the bread up from the short side, pressing down just enough to make it stick
- Wrap a slice of bacon and wrap it around the roll, overlapping the bacon to cover
the bread completely. If you need more than one bacon slice, tuck the end of the
second bacon slice under the end of the first. Trim the bacon when you get to the
top of the roll.
- Freeze the wrapped rolls for 30 minutes to firm them up.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or
line it with parchment paper.
- Slice the rolls in thirds and place on the baking sheet, cut side down. Bake
for 30 to 35 minutes (5 minutes longer if baking from frozen), until the bacon is
crisp and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter; let cool for 5 minutes before
Hands-on time: 25 to 30 min | Baking time: 30 to 40 min | Yield: 60
Tip from our bakers: You can freeze the bacon-wrapped rolls for up to 6 weeks;
just take out what you need when you have company, slice, and bake for an extra
Some variations you might like to try; Substitute Swiss cheese for the Parmesan,
add 1 to 2 tablespoons of horseradish to the filling. Try using diced cooked shrimp
and pineapple bits instead of the peppers and scallions.
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1 piece, 20g Servings Per Batch: 60 Amount
Per Serving: Calories: 72 Calories from Fat: 49 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g
Trans Fat: 0g. Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 222mg Total Carbohydrate: 2g Dietary Fiber:
0g Sugars: 0g Protein: 4g
Recipe and photo credit: King Arthur Flour
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.