- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms stems and pieces,
drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Poppy seeds
- Combine first four ingredients, stir well and set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles, press perforations to seal. Spread
1/4 of cream cheese over each dough rectangle, leaving 1/4 inch margin on long side
and no margin on the other sides. Spread 1/4 of bacon mixture evenly over cream
cheese. Roll dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long sides with filling spread
to edge. Pinch seams to seal. Cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices; place cut side down
on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with egg white and sprinkle
with poppy seeds.
- Bake slices at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 3 dozen
I make this differently each time I make it - sometimes I sprinkle chopped
green olives, green onions, chives or sun-dried tomatoes on top of cheese mixture;
use different types of cheeses instead of the cream cheese (a soft Cheddar, brie,
etc.); and sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds, etc.
Posted by GourmetGal at Recipe Goldmine.