I make Bacon Swirls differently each time I make it - sometimes I sprinkle chopped
green olives, green onions, chives or sun-dried tomatoes on top of cheese mixture;
use different types of cheeses instead of the cream cheese (a soft Cheddar, brie,
etc.); and sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds, etc.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Poppy seeds
- Combine first four ingredients, stir well and set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles, press perforations to seal. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese over each dough rectangle, leaving 1/4 inch margin on long side and no margin on the other sides. Spread 1/4 of bacon mixture evenly over cream cheese. Roll dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long sides with filling spread to edge. Pinch seams to seal. Cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices; place cut side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush each slice with egg white and sprinkle
with poppy seeds.
- Bake slices at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 3 dozen
Posted by GourmetGal at Recipe Goldmine.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.