Bacon Wrapped Cajun Jalapenos
Enjoy these Bacon Wrapped Cajun Jalapenos with only five ingredients.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 25 min | Yield: 16 servings, 1 each
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Stuff about 1 1/2 teaspoons into each pepper half.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a wooden pick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Discard wooden picks. Serve immediately.
Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Photo credit: butteryum /