Bacon-Wrapped Walnut-Stuffed Dates
Bacon-WrappedWalnut-Stuffed Dates are perfect with a glass of wine on a summer's eve or in front of a roaring fire
in the dead of winter. These tasty little morsels have a hidden kick and are quick to make.
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 12 California walnut halves, toasted
- 4 slices lean bacon, cut crosswise into three equal pieces
- Heat broiler. Line a plate with paper towels; set aside.
- Carefully make a lengthwise slit in each date, open gently and sprinkle with chili flakes; fill with a walnut half and reform the date around the walnut. Wrap the bacon around the date and secure with a wooden pick. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil, turning until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
Cook time: 10 Min | Active time: 20 Min | Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition information: 98 Calories Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 6mg
Carbohydrates 12g Dietary Fiber 1g Protein 3g
Created By Mollie Katzen - Chef and Author.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: California Walnuts
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.