Baked Breaded Zucchini Sticks
with Greek Yogurt Dip
If you’re looking for a light, healthy appetizer or snack that is full of great flavor, you’ll want to try these baked zucchini sticks. Coated in panko bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and garlic powder, then baked for approximately 25-27 minutes - until
crisp and golden – these are quick and easy to make. Be sure to enjoy them with our delicious Greek yogurt dip – a fresh, cool dip that perfectly complements these when they’re nice and warm out of the oven.
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, about 2 medium-small
- 1/2 cup King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/3 cups dry panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons canola oil or avocado oil
Greek Yogurt Dip
- 3/4 cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or dill
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut zucchini into batons about 3 to 4 inches long by 1/2-inch square.
- Place flour in a pie plate or shallow baking dish, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and
stir to combine.
- Beat egg white in a pie plate or shallow baking dish until very foamy.
- Mix bread crumbs with paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and garlic powder in a pie plate
or shallow baking dish. Drizzle canola oil over and mix with a fork until completely
- Dip zucchini sticks in flour. Shake off excess, then dip into egg white and shake
of excess. Then dip them into breadcrumb mixture and arrange on baking sheet, so
they don’t touch. Discard excess breading. Bake, turning once with a spatula or
tongs, until the breadcrumb coating is crispy and golden, 25 to 27 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and pepper in small bowl.
Mince garlic and then mash with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add to the yogurt mixture and
whisk to combine.
- Serve the zucchini sticks hot with the dip.
Makes 25-30 sticks and 1 cup dip
Recipe and photo used with permission from Katie Webster.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Cabot Creamery - cabotcheese.coop
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes