This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Bundles
- 1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Nonstick spray
- 8 slices extra-lean turkey bacon, halved crosswise
- 16 large (not jumbo) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, vinegar and garlic
powder until mixed well. Set aside.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Take one-half slice bacon and
coat it in the sauce. Wrap the sauce-covered bacon around a shrimp and place it,
seam side down, on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the bacon and shrimp.
Give them a quick mist with nonstick spray.
- Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the bacon is crispy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information: Each serving (4 pieces): 88 calories; 11 grams protein;
6 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 1 gram fat; 0 saturated fat; 63 mg cholesterol;
561 mg sodium