Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
with Basil Stuffing
Company coming? Don't just throw another shrimp on the barbe' ... fix these succulent shrimp appetizers that Chris Lilly, pitmaster at Big Bob Gibson's in Birmingham, Alabama, developed and sampled on the Today show.
- 32 fresh shrimp in shells, or frozen shrimp
- 16 slices bacon, cut in half
- 32 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 - 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each
shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with
- For stuffing, combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl. Place
stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon,
tucking in ends.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing
up. Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or
return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 minutes.
Prep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 6
Nutrition Information: Calories: 155 calories Protein: 12 grams Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 601 milligrams Cholesterol: 72 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
5 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Recipe courtesy of Chris Lilly at Bib Bob Gibson's - bigbobgibson.com.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.