Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
with Basil Stuffing
Company coming? Don't just throw another shrimp on the barbe' ... fix these succulent Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp appetizers that Chris Lilly, pitmaster at Big Bob Gibson's in Birmingham, Alabama, developed and sampled on the Today show.
- 32 fresh shrimp in shells, or frozen shrimp
- 16 slices bacon, cut in half
- 32 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 - 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- For stuffing, combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl. Place stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon, tucking in ends.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing up. Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 minutes.
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 15 min | Servings: 6
Nutrition Information: Calories: 155 calories Protein: 12 grams Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 601 milligrams Cholesterol: 72 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
5 grams Fiber: 1 grams
Recipe courtesy of Chris Lilly at Bib Bob Gibson's - bigbobgibson.com.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.