Beer Batter-Fried Zucchini
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Arrange zucchini on piece of wax paper; salt and pepper both sides, using 1 teaspoon
of salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and remaining teaspoon salt in medium-size
bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture to a piece of wax paper. Dip both sides of zucchini
into the 1/2 cup of flour mixture.
- Stir beer and lemon juice into remaining flour mixture. (Mixture will foam.)
Stir until consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Dip zucchini into batter and sauté half at a time
in hot oil until, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm in oven while sautéing remaining zucchini.
- Serve immediately.