Beer Battered Fried Avocado
Wedges with Salsa
- 1 cup lager beer or ale
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 avocados
- Vegetable oil as needed for deep-frying
- Salt, as needed
- 1 cup purchased salsa
- To make beer batter, whisk together beer, flour, paprika and garlic until well-blended.
Let stand for at least two hours.
- Peel avocados. Cut each into 6 wedges. Dredge wedges in reserved beer batter.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Serve 3 wedges with 1/4 cup salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/24/2001 11:06 am.