Beer-Cheese Triangles with Zesty Cheese Sauce
Bisquick mix provides the base for these golden appetizers, and a salsa-and-bean sauce adds zip!
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Sesame seed or poppy seed
Zesty Cheese Sauce
- 8 ounces process cheese spread loaf, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso salsa (any variety)
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso refried beans
- Mix Bisquick mix, cheese and beer until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20
strokes. Turn onto surface dusted with Bisquick mix; knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut into 2-inch squares; cut squares
diagonally in half. Spread with melted butter; sprinkle with sesame seed. Separate
and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Place frozen triangles in airtight container. Freeze up to 1 month.
- To bake, heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Zesty Cheese Sauce.
- To make Cheese Sauce: Heat all ingredients over low heat in 1 1/2-quart saucepan,
stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.