Beer-Cheese Triangles with Zesty Cheese Sauce
Bisquick mix provides the base for these golden appetizers, and a salsa-and-bean sauce adds zip!
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Sesame seed or poppy seed
Zesty Cheese Sauce
- 8 ounces process cheese spread loaf, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso salsa (any variety)
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso refried beans
- Mix Bisquick mix, cheese and beer until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20
strokes. Turn onto surface dusted with Bisquick mix; knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut into 2-inch squares; cut squares
diagonally in half. Spread with melted butter; sprinkle with sesame seed. Separate
and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Place frozen triangles in airtight container. Freeze up to 1 month.
- To bake, heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Zesty Cheese Sauce.
- To make Cheese Sauce: Heat all ingredients over low heat in 1 1/2-quart saucepan,
stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.