Black Bean Cakes
- 1 (16 ounce) can Cuban black beans
- 1 egg
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled corn flakes or breadcrumbs of your choice
- Several dashes hot sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cornmeal for dredging
- Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30
- When the mixture has chilled and set, bring it to the counter and shape it into
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan. Dredge each ball lightly through the cornmeal
and drop it gently onto the hot oil. Flatten gently with a spatula. Fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite salsa, dollops of sour cream,
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.