Broiled Tofu with Walnut Miso Sauce
- 1 pound firm/extra firm tofu, cut into 6 (1/2 inch) slices
- 1/2 to 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons miso (light miso is best)
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup
- Enough spring water to form paste
- Broil for tofu 4 to 5 minutes on oiled baking sheet, until golden brown, turn
and repeat on other side. Remove and allow to cool.
- Pan toast walnuts in dry skillet until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Grind in food processor or serbochi to a fine meal.
- Add miso, rice syrup and water to form thick paste.
- Spread paste on tofu and broil 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.