Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with
Grilled Corn Bread and Peaches
Brown Sugar Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Corn Bread and Peaches -
Brown sugar and bourbon can often be found in the barbecue sauce recipes of competitive
grillers. Use this flavorful pair in both the marinade for pork tenderloin and in the grilled peaches.
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 2 (8.5 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- Grilled Peaches (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Mix Marinade Mix, oil, bourbon and orange juice in small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup
marinade for brushing. Place pork in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.
Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer for extra
- Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mixes as directed on package. Spread evenly in greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut corn bread into 1 1/2-inch strips, then cut each strip half.
- Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear, turning once with a wide spatula. (Do not use tongs as corn bread is fragile and tends to crumble.)
- Prepare Grilled Peaches as directed in recipe below. Remove pork from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill pork over medium heat for 25 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade. Let pork stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- To serve, warm peach preserves. Spread evenly on corn bread strips. Cut each corn bread strip into 1 1/2-inch squares. Place 1 slice pork tenderloin and 1 Grilled Peach slice on each corn bread square.
- Grilled Peaches: Mix 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade, 1/4 cup each packed brown sugar and melted butter, and 1 tablespoon bourbon in large bowl until well blended. Add 2 peaches, each cut into 1/4-inch slices; toss to coat well. Let stand 1 hour. Fold the edges of a sheet of heavy duty foil
to form a shallow baking pan. Place on grill over low heat. Place peaches on foil. Cover with second sheet of foil. Grill 6 to 8 minutes or until peaches are browned and caramelized around edges, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade.
Yield: about 30 appetizer servings | Prep time: 20 min
Refrigerate time: 2 hr | Cook time: 45 min
Nutrition Information: per serving Calories: 142 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Cholesterol: 27 mg
Sodium: 55 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 5 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.