Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Add a little kick to your next party with our Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls made
with skinless, boneless chicken breasts, red pepper sauce and crumbled blue cheese.
You can use any bottled hot sauce in this recipe, but for an Asian spin, try
a variety from the Asian section of your supermarket. Starting with a cool filling
will give you better results when wrapping the egg rolls. After wrapping, place
egg rolls in a single layer on a plate or cookie sheet; don’t stack them. To reheat
egg rolls, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes
or until sizzling.
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 medium stalks celery, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 12 egg roll skins (from 1-pound package)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth and water to boiling; add chicken. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165 degrees F).
- Remove chicken to large bowl; set aside to cool. Discard poaching liquid.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrots and salt; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Add sautéed vegetables, onions, pepper sauce, butter and blue cheese; mix well.
- In deep fryer or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 3 to 4 inches oil to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle work surface with flour. Place 1 egg roll skin on work surface with 1 corner facing you. (Cover remaining skins with damp paper towel to prevent drying out.) Place about 2 rounded tablespoons chicken mixture slightly below center of egg roll skin. Fold corner of egg roll skin closest to filling over filling, tucking point under. Fold in and overlap right and left corners. Brush remaining corner with beaten egg; gently roll egg roll toward remaining corner and press to seal. (Cover filled egg roll with damp paper towel.)
- Repeat with remaining egg roll skins and chicken mixture.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, in hot oil 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place egg rolls on parsley-lined serving platter.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.
Prep time: 60 min | Servings 12
Recipe by Angie McGowan
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.