Buffalo Shrimp with Wisconsin Gorgonzola Dip
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 carton (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Dash pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled, deveined and cooked
- In blender, combine dip ingredients; mix until slightly chunky. Pour into serving
dish and chill.
- In blender, combine marinade ingredients; mix until smooth. Pour over shrimp;
cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp and save marinade. Broil shrimp, or grill over hot coals, for 3
to 5 minutes, or until shrimp are heated through, turning once and basting with
- Remove shrimp from pan or grill; serve immediately with dip.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes