Carolina Pulled Chicken Sliders with
Easy Summertime Pickles
A vinegar and mustard Carolina-style barbecue sauce moistens shredded grilled
chicken for sliders. Serve with Easy Summertime Pickles for piquant crunch.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Carolina Country marinade
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Vegetable oil
- 12 slider sandwich rolls
- Easy Summertime Pickles, recipe follows (optional)
- Mix ketchup, vinegar, onion, sugar and Marinade Mix in medium saucepan until
well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until onion
is tender. Set aside.
- Brush chicken lightly with oil.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through,
- Shred chicken using 2 forks. Add to saucepan; toss to coat well. Spoon shredded
chicken mixture on rolls. Serve with Easy Summertime Pickles, if desired.
- Easy Summertime Pickles: Place 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers and 1/2 cup thinly
sliced sweet onion in medium glass bowl. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup cider vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon each McCormick® Celery
Seed, McCormick® Mustard Seed and non-iodized salt in medium saucepan. Bring to
boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Reduce heat to
low; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid and spices over cucumbers and onions. Cool slightly.
- Cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 2 months.
Yield: 12 appetizer servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 25 min
per serving Calories: 237 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 30 g Cholesterol: 37 mg
Sodium: 545 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 18 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.