Chafing Dish Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, parsley, salt, Worcestershire
and pepper. Shape into 1-inch balls. Cook in hot shortening over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Heat chili sauce and grape jelly together.
- Add meatballs. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a chafing dish.
Yield: 5 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.