Cheddar Phyllo Lil’ Smokies
- 10 sheets Athens Fillo® Dough (9” x 14”), thawed
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) package Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokie® Links
- Thaw one roll of fillo, following thawing instructions on package.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Place one sheet of fillo on cutting board and lightly coat with cooking spray. Layer and repeat with 4 more sheets. Cut layered fillo into 6 equal sections widthwise and 4 equal sections lengthwise to create 24 squares (appro. 2 inch squares). Place 1 teaspoon of cheese in the center of each square. Place sausage diagonally on the corner of the fillo square. Wrap fillo over sausage and roll to opposite corner. Place seam side down on a baking tray. Lightly spray the outside.
- Reroll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fillo is golden brown.
Yield: 40 appetizers
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.