This is from my childhood church cookbook. I've never made it, so I don't know how it's served - as a side, appetizer or snack. Just thought it looked good!
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chiles, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- In an 8-inch square baking dish layer cheeses and chiles.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, and flour. Pour over chiles-cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into small squares.
- Serve hot.
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine May 3, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.