These are delicious served with guacamole and sour cream on the side.
- Shortening or lard
- Corn tortillas
- Longhorn or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Tomato puree
- Green chile strips
- In a pan a littler larger than a corn tortilla, melt enough shortening or lard
to fill it 1/4 inch deep. With tongs dip a corn tortilla in the hot shortening or
lard for a few seconds, just long enough so that it is soft and pliable. Remove
and lay on a plate.
- Sprinkle grated Longhorn or Monterey Jack cheese down the center of the tortilla.
- Place 1 tablespoon tomato puree in the center of the cheese.
- Lay a strip of green chile about 1/2 inch wide on top of the cheese.
- Roll the tortilla up into a cigar-shape without pinching ends together.
- Fry until brown on both sides.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes