Cheese Flautas are delicious served with guacamole and sour cream on the side.
- Shortening or lard
- Corn tortillas
- Longhorn or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Tomato puree
- Green chile strips
- In a pan a littler larger than a corn tortilla, melt enough shortening or lard to fill it 1/4 inch deep. With tongs dip a corn tortilla in the hot shortening or lard for a few seconds, just long enough so that it is soft and pliable. Remove and lay on a plate.
- Sprinkle grated Longhorn or Monterey Jack cheese down the center of the tortilla.
- Place 1 tablespoon tomato puree in the center of the cheese.
- Lay a strip of green chile about 1/2 inch wide on top of the cheese.
- Roll the tortilla up into a cigar-shape without pinching ends together.
- Fry until brown on both sides.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.